Monday, September 27, 2010

Vision of the future...

Thanks to my friend, Stephanie Cole Cowan, I have two mock up images of what Bili the Droid should look like when she's finished. Keep in mind that although the dome is clear on the second picture, Bili's dome will not be.
Also, I hadn't posted about it yet, but Friday night, I met a couple of the guys from the 149th War Wolves Squad, a local Star Wars costuming group. They were really interested in my project.  So, I am getting a lot of support from friends, family, and other Star Wars fans.

Since the point of this project is to help spread awareness of pediatric liver diseases, and organ donation, with the motto "Recycle Yourself," I'm going to try to get as many of the materials and parts as I can donated, from recycled sources, or secondhand. Occasionally, I will mention on here that I need certain materials, and hope someone will offer to donate said materials.

Such as, right now, I'm looking for enough plywood to make my frame. I need 1/2" and 3/4" plywood. Anyone have any?

I may put up a Paypal donation button to see if anyone will want to donate to the build.

I thank everyone for all current and future support for this project.

No comments:

Post a Comment